Friday 20 July 2018

Not Giving Up.

Being totally honest:
Life is hard right now.
Having a mental illness is hard.
Making decisions is hard.
Dealing with difficult situations is hard.
Supporting friends and loving them right is hard.
Not having the time or energy to see my beloved family is hard.
Not having a job or the ability to do a job is hard.
Not having enough money in the bank or food in the cupboards is hard.
Waiting for therapy and dreading it at the same time is hard.
Not getting enough sleep at night and being too tired each day is hard.
Knowing people who were once my friend but now don’t know how to talk to me is hard.
Missing out on events because I just can’t face being there is hard.
Wanting to do things, then freaking out last minute and staying in bed is hard.
Dealing with my emotions and thoughts and feelings and anxieties is hard.
Knowing there are very few people who understand how I feel right now is hard.

That’s the truth. But you know what? This time, I’m not gonna give up. I’m not going to become a statistic of mental illness. Cause you know what? It might be hard but I’m strong. And my God is stronger. So no matter how hard life gets, or how much I struggle, I may not be standing but I will lay face down on the Rock that never breaks or falters. And one day, I will stand.

No comments: