Saturday 3 December 2011

Gifts

N.B. All of the following 22 blogs are because I am reading ‘Do Nothing, Christmas Is Coming’ by Stephen Cottrell, ‘an advent calendar with a difference.’


Do you know what I really want this Christmas? I want to be in the Philippines. I want to see the kids I know and love so much. I want to be able to hug them, tell them I love them and enjoy their innocent playful nature without restriction. I want to discover a bit of meaning and purpose. I want some reassurance that love can last. That people can still fall in love, and get married and make it last long enough to see retirement through. I want to laugh, and not feel guilty about laughing. To feel good, and not be wondering when something will happen that will shatter that. To enjoy some time off, and not dread going back to work. To not feel like there are a million things I need to be doing. To be able to have hope in a future that means something. That’s what I’m really hoping for this Christmas.
  • Dare to find some time to stop and be still, if only for a few minutes. Ask what truly brings you joy and comfort, and see how this could become part of your Christmas celebration.
  • In which case, for Christmas I would like a long walk in the countryside… or a hot bath… or to lie on the floor and listen to a piece of music. But what about you? What is your deepest wish? What would you really like?
  • And what do you want for the world?
Blessed is the season which engages the whole world in a conspiracy of love.Hamilton Wright Mabie.

No comments: