Monday 31 December 2007

Narrow

N.B. I have a feeling that I will be blogging quite a bit in the next few days, I hope you can keep up. :)

I would just like to share a thought that I had today with you. It has often been said, when people have travelled a bit of the journey of Christianity, that when they look back, they realise that it has not been an easy one. Some may say that they were or were not warned that it was going to be a tough ride.

Some may be in the middle of that tough patch of the ride at the moment. But the thought I had was this: how often do I look at myself, and the way I am living my life when the journey is going well? How often, when I find that life is good, do I question my motives, and my thoughts? My actions and my words? The answer to that question, is well, not very often!

However, when I am going through a rough patch - when life is hard and the way ahead seems dark - it is then I turn to God; it is then that I look at myself and question what I am doing wrong: how I am sinning, how I am acting that does not demonstrate total love for God's people?

Please don't get me wrong. I am not saying that sin is the cause of hard times. If you are suffering from grief, or depression, or another illness it is because of some unconfessed sin in your life. No no no. I am simply saying that when you are a believer, and you are going through a hard time spiritually, it is probably because you were doing something right. The devil likes to attack us when he see's us doing great things for God. If everything is always going well for you - I think you might need to take a step back and look at the situation!

Anyways, that was just a thought I had for a few minutes this afternoon, hope it makes sense.

"You can enter God’s Kingdom only through the narrow gate. The highway to hell is broad, and its gate is wide for the many who choose that way. But the gateway to life is very narrow and the road is difficult, and only a few ever find it."
Matthew 7: 13-14

No comments: