Sunday 11 November 2007

Weeping

N.B. I've actually got an awesome blog I am writing about Patience, its sitting half written as a draft at the minute, but it'll be coming soon.

For some reason, this evening I have felt very emotional. And not even the entire of this evening, just these last two hours really. I feel like something awful has happened, and I'm still in shock mode, and then any minute now it will finally hit me and I will begin to cry like a baby.

I guess its times like this when I really begin to miss being close to my friends and family. I mean, yeah, I'm half an hour away. But there's no chance of me getting on a train to Brentwood at 11:40pm and turning up at a friends house unannounced at midnight. I really don't think they will appreciate it.

And now a song has just started playing on my iTunes that seems like God slapping me in the face: You Raise Me Up. The children did a dance with sticks to that song this morning in the church service - God knew I was gona feel like this and wanted to remind me He was there. And then when I sat here feeling ultra-rubbish He thought He'd give me a nudge. Well spoken God - I get the picture. Unfortunately, its not making me feel any better.

Thinking about it, Phil actually read a wonderful passage from Ecclesiastes (brilliant book) in the Evening Service. It would probably fit really well with my blog on Patience, but I'm going to end this blog with it instead; because it reminds me that sometimes, I am going to feel like crying, and being emotional. But that's ok; because in every moment God is there. And I can share my sorrows with Him.

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace."
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8 (NIV)

2 comments:

Sally said...

Come to my house at midnight anytime! X

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ami, I enjoyed reading this. I'm at my parents' house at the moment, soon to return to Brentwood, but thinking it would be much nicer just to stay here where I'm safe and comfortable.

It's nice to be reminded that it's ok to feel emotional. :-)