Monday 29 October 2007

Direction

N.B. I really wanted to name this blog - PAY ATTENTION! But it wouldn't fit with the names I've given my posts so far, or the picture. So here it is. A blog about direction, apparently. And don't worry. Its a short one!

This week, I was randomly contacted on MySpace by someone who'd read a few of my blogs and wanted to thank me for what I have written. They said that it had helped them gain perspective on a few things and realised what they had been missing. We've been chatting ever since and we've really sparked up a conversation about some things that they are struggling with, and with which I have had dealings with in the past. One of the main things we've been discussing is how it is impossible to 'earn' a place in heaven, because God gives it to us freely by his great salvation. And that nothing we do can stop God from loving us. He just does! God loves you. Cool, huh?

And once again I realise how great it is that God has his hand on my life, even when I think everything is going wrong! I have been in some way trying to help this MySpace person with a lot of issues they struggle with, and a lot of them I have been able to relate directly to a period of my life when I struggled with them. It's very good to be able to speak directly from experience to someone who is currently at the bottom of life's bucket. The one thing they need to cling to is hope, and being able to talk to someone who has been through simular experiences and survived must be a fairly comforting thought. For me, being able to talk to someone about things I used to struggle with, and knowing that I am now free of them is very fulfilling. Because I know that God gave me those struggles for a reason. And that when he placed those hardships in my life, He was intending for me to become the "light at the end of the tunnel" for someone else. When He decided about what I was going to be like, he also sat down and planned the things He wanted me to do! He chose me for this job, because he thought I would be the best person for it. What a comforting thought!

To really put cream in the cake, the sermon this Sunday evening was on this:

"God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago."
Ephesians 2: 8 - 10

P.S. There are many people who will be reading this whom I will never know about. So like, if you read this and want to drop me a comment, I shall be very grateful! It's nice sometimes to know who your audience is, although honestly, it won't change a single thing I write.

No comments: