Monday 28 July 2008

Suitcase

N.B. I think it was a highly sensible and reasonable idea to take a small suitcase to Susie's so that I could take my laptop and all my things and not have to carry them. Susie however, found it hilarious.

I've been back in Brentwood a whole week now. It seems to have gone slowly, but looking back, I guess time has flown by. My heart is still disorientated, I don't know where to call home or where to feel homesick for most of the time. But all I know is that no matter where I am, I am sure glad to have my friends around me.

Since being back I've seen pretty much everyone at some point, spending more time with some than others, but then I guess that's always the way. I guess, chatting things through with Georgia and Susie at different times this week I've realised that being in Southend doesn't really change the amount I love and treasure my friends from Brentwood, or vice versa. They are all there for me, at different stages of the journey, at different turns in the road, but each are equally valid and meaningful to the travelling. And some will fall along the way, but others will join, but I guess that's all part of growing up.

1 comment:

L said...

Awww Ami. I love you :) It was so wonderful to see you. Im ALWAYS here for you, even if i seem miles away when i'm in Coventry x