Tuesday 4 March 2008

Can't

Ha. I've just read through that list again, and not only am I weirded out by the extent to which I have changed, and grown, and in effect, managed to achieve some of the things on the list, but I am also strangely blessed by the things that I wrote. At the time, those were the things on my mind, in my heart, things that I longed to be able to do. And now, looking back in maturity, I can see that actually, there are some things on that list (many things in fact) that actually, I can't do anything to change or achieve. Things that must be left in the hands of God.

But I suppose that is a good thing. We yearn for things, and eventually, we learn to let them go. We learn what our place on this earth is, and what our journeys are meant for. We learn to strive towards the right things, and not pursue things that are unhealthy or unachievable. We learn to live our own lives, and not the lives of others. We learn, from disappointments and from achievements. And at the end of it all, we learn that there is so much more to learn. Mmm.

No comments: